Freebies (including but not limited to: coupons, offers, specials, deals, survey, contest, giveaway, samples, sweepstakes, and other similar offers) can change often, sometimes daily. Some images of freebies include prior offerings, outside offerings, expired offerings, representative offerings, and different brands of similar products or otherwise are not a current offering from ShareYourFreebies.com. If for whatever reason various Freebies become unavailable, you ordered them and did not receive them, their qualification requirements changed, you are denied, or any other challenges or complications arise, ShareYourFreebies.com is not responsible. No guarantee is made that you will receive any of the requested Freebies as these are offered by outside third parties. All third parties are unaffiliated with ShareYourFreebies.com and therefore are not subject to any direction or control of nor do they endorse ShareYourFreebies.com or its services. ShareYourFreebies.com receives compensation when you participate in third party offers. All third party brands, products, names, logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. We do not ship Freebies (unless specifically mentioned that the Freebies will be coming from us).
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR HUNTING DOWN DISCOUNTS, PLUS NEW DISCOUNTS FOR SEATTLE CREDIT UNION MEMBERS
Reviewed and edited: By A. Santiago
Who doesn’t love a good discount? Here are a few clever ways to uncover hidden savings and get the most for your hard-earned money, plus discounts with Sprint, Chevrolet, ADT, and more just for being a member of Seattle Credit Union.
CLOTHING DEALS: TIMING IS EVERYTHING
Fashion on a budget is often a matter of knowing when to shop. If you’re thinking this involves waiting for Black Friday sales, you may be missing the boat. Although the day after Thanksgiving brings some attractive discounts, clothing prices actually tend to be lowest during early January and late June.
This doesn’t mean clothes shopping needs to be confined to those periods; buying apparel off-season lets shoppers snag discounts throughout the year. Another strategy is getting to know store employees and finding out when new merchandise is being delivered. Many retailers slash prices on older garments around such times to make room for the new inventory.
FLYING: FLEXIBILITY WINS THE CHEAP SEATS
To find the lowest airfares, be willing to forgo some convenience. Travelers who stay awake for a red-eye flight or rise before dawn to make a 6 a.m. departure often pay less than those who sleep in. Booking connecting flights rather than a nonstop can also slash your costs. And if you don’t mind flying out of an airport farther from home or landing a bit farther from your destination, you may reduce your ticket prices even more.
Travelers also can catch a break by avoiding popular flight dates and days. Try not to schedule domestic air travel between June 15 and Sept. 6, or around major holidays. The day of the week you fly impacts ticket prices as well, with the least expensive flight days being Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Another way to save is by timing your ticket purchase correctly. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are optimal purchase days, with your best chance to snag the lowest ticket price being Tuesday at 12pm Pacific. Experts also suggest buying tickets six weeks in advance, and if you’re traveling in a group, purchase them separately. When you’re ready to book, sites such as FareCompare, AirfareWatchdog, and Yapta can help you locate the best deals. If you have to make a quick reservation, try LastMinute for the lowest current prices.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Start saving without even leaving the house by using these helpful apps and websites:
- RetailMeNot offers coupons to over 50,000 sites and provides deal alerts.
- The AmexSync program lets cardholders sync with social media and receive discounts credited to their accounts for tweeting, posting or checking in.
- NerdWallet’s DealFinder reveals the best sale prices on popular merchandise.
- eBay hooks shoppers up with items that may already be gone from stores.
- Goodsearch locates coupons and deals, and then donates to your chosen charity or cause when you shop.
While you’re online, sign up for email notifications from your favorite retailers and connect with their Facebook pages to get additional sale alerts and discount codes.
With just a little extra time and research, you’ll feel like an insider enjoying discounts while the rest of the world pays retail.
SEATTLE CREDIT UNION MEMBER DISCOUNTS
Seattle Credit Union is now partnered with Love My Credit Union to bring exclusive discounts and benefits to our members. Benefits include:
- Sprint: 10% off select regularly priced Sprint monthly service, plus waived activation and upgrade fees. Business plans receive 15% off select regularly priced monthly service, plus waived activation and upgrade fees (get started)
- Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC: Members can purchase new vehicles at a discount (get started)
- TurboTax: $5 off the Federal Deluxe Edition (get started)
- ADT: Free ADT-monitored home security system (with $99 customer installation and purchase of alarm monitoring services) valued at $850, plus $425 in additional equipment: Glass break detector, 1 additional wireless remote, 3 additional door/window sensors, fire and emergency panic alert (get started)
- DIRECTV: $10 off monthly service for the first 12 months, plus a $40 rebate from the Love My Credit Union Rewards Program for a total savings of $160 (get started)
- Allied: Up to 60% off of out-of-state and/or local moving and storage needs (get started)
- Love To Shop: Credit union members can earn cash back on purchases from over 1,500 retailers including Target, Nike, Macy’s, Best Buy, and Home Depot (get started)
For more deals, discounts, and promotions with Seattle Credit Union, check our promotion page for the latest updates